We’re Hiring! The Literacy Coalition is seeking to hire a Communications Director
Communications and Project Director
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated individual with strong written and oral communication skills and expertise in social media and digital technology. A background in Journalism, Communications, Public Relations or related field and experience with WordPress, Google Analytics and website management is desirable.
Reporting directly to the LCNB Executive Director, the Communications and Project Director will coordinate the execution of communication strategies, plans and activities in support of LCNB priorities, leveraging a range of mediums such as videos and social media.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain the LCNB website using WordPress
- Manage Facebook and Twitter sites
- Produce the monthly online LCNB newsletter
- Provide writing capacity and expertise to support priority communications
- Scan media coverage on literacy and essential skills regularly
- Manage and support the coordination of literacy and essential skills projects and initiatives
- Set up and participate in LCNB tradeshow booth at events
- Other tasks as needed.
Fluent in written and spoken English. French is an asset.
Term of Employment
This position will be for the period starting May 13, 2019 and ending August 23, 2019. Possibilities of extension on a part-time basis for the school year (8 hr per week) and continuing the following summer on a full- time basis (35 hr per week) depending upon funding availability.
$12.50 per hour for 35 hours per week.
Oral Communication, Writing, Computer Use, Working with Others, Problem Solving, Continuous Learning
Please email your resume and cover letter to the Executive Director, Lynda Homer, at: firstname.lastname@example.org